White Birch Books is fast approaching its 30 year milestone! Established in 1992 by Donna Urey, it was then bought by long-time employee and current owner, Laura Cummings, in 2005. Although we all feel like we’ve been a part of the Mt. Washington Valley fabric for a good long time, people are still discovering us every day.
White Birch Books is a local bookstore that is something for everyone. We are your small, quaint, independent store. We’re cute – the architecture! – and comfy and welcoming and friendly. And we still have people ask if we accept credit cards! We can be all those things and still be operating in the present day with ordering systems that get books to us in days (COVID took away our next day capability – sorry!) and the ability to search out and order anything you might be looking for. In addition, we do get hot books on their publication dates, we do take preorders and, yes, we do take credit cards!
We also have a stellar card department. Granted, it might be a little heavy on cat cards, but is that really a bad thing? Add that to our dedication to local books, a comfy children’s area and a well-stocked bargain and used department, you’ve got a bookstore for everyone!
White Birch Books offers the following services:
- Open year-round, 7 days a week, Mon – Sun 10am – 5 pm
- Author events – check our Events page for more details.
- Two monthly book clubs that are open to the public – see our Book Group page for dates and book selections.
- Fast ordering – anywhere from 2-4 days is the norm – and we can special order used or out of print books.
- Free gift wrapping – any time of the year!
- We ship anywhere, including overseas, for a minimal charge.
- School & Library discounts – 20% with purchase order
- We will try to get almost any book for you in print (in the USA) by established publishers.
- Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day & Christmas Day.